A developed, supported and strengthened volunteering network throughout the Vale of Evesham, Worcestershire.
To recruit, advise and guide those willing to undertake voluntary work and in doing so be a focal point for voluntary and statutory organisations, who use Volunteers
We believe that:
- Everyone has the right to volunteer without experiencing discrimination and that Evesham Volunteer Centre has a responsibility to advise Volunteers appropriately and sensitively
- Volunteering is a matter of free choice and there can be no obligation to become a Volunteer
- Volunteering is a valuable and integral part of society and as such volunteers deserve support and recognition
- Volunteers assist in effecting social change and improving quality of life and play an essential role in alleviating the effects of poverty, ignorance, inequality and injustice
- To develop stronger links to local BME groups
- To increase networking opportunities for collaborative working
- To improve policy sharing and research to ensure that all local groups have timely information to enable them to contribute to consultations
- To increase social enterprise activity
- To increase partnerships with businesses running (or wanting to run) employer supported volunteering.